Friday 17 August 2018

50th Anniversary Accordion card

Good morning friends

Today's share is one I made for a 50th Anniversary. I don't know the couple, but I am acquaintances with the wife and I do run into her several times a month. She is really helpful if I have my cane and am trying to manage a parcel - she will often grab the parcel and walk with me to my car, then chat for a bit. One of these times she mentioned that she and her husband were celebrating their 50th Anniversary this month. I can't really repay her for her many kindnesses to me but I could make a special card for them to celebrate such a milestone!

I used Karen Burniston's Fancy Label Accordion for the card itself, as I knew it would be completely different than any other card she may have seen. I also used the Fancy Flourished Frames to decorate the card and I did not weed the inside but left all the little pieces in place. I love the embossed look it gave the edges!


The bride and groom are from the Cake Pop-Up and the little hearts I added are the fallaway pieces from the Cake Trims border I used on the centre panel.



The Numbers worked perfectly, and I penned the word 'years' with a gold metallic gel pen. The largest decorator die has a sweet perforation both inside and outside the cut line, so I inlaid the inner pieces inside the outer frame on the front and back panels. This also reduced bulk for the card. For the centre panel though, I popped up the frame with foam tape.


The perforated heart comes with the Circle Charm Pop-Up die set and since it matched the theme so well I had to add it to the card. I cut a white label and adhered it to the back of the right accordion panel, which is where we signed our names.


Finally, here is a group shot for those of you who like to add my cards to their Pinterest boards.


I actually ran into her yesterday and she thanked me so very much for the card. She hadn't seen anything like it before and it did my heart good to know that it was special for them.

Supplies:
Burgundy textured card stock
Gold foil card stock - Stampin' Up
Black and white card stock
Sakura gel pens

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!