Wednesday 22 August 2018

Three Cards, One Die

Good morning friends

Earlier this year I decided I needed to add this MFT die to my collection and I'm so glad I did! It cuts a panel where the top and bottom sections fall away and leave you with a sectioned frame. Since I enjoy making shaker cards I thought it would be perfect. And it is! But I find other uses for the Horizontal Cover Up die as well, so today I'm sharing three cards I made using it.

I cut the Horizontal Cover Up three times each from a different but coordinating patterned paper. Then it was simply a matter of re-arranging the pieces so that each card had a different pattern in the two openings! This gave me three pretty card panels and there were no leftover bits. Love that.


First up, is a shaker card. I didn't actually put the patterned paper back in the bottom panel as then the words didn't show up. I used it inside one of the other cards though. The bottom panel is the shaker part of the card and the top panel has a shadowbox look.



This Anniversary card went to our eldest daughter and her hubby.

For the second card, I kept the panel flat and adhered it to a red card base. Then I went to town adding various die cuts!


I die cut the happy 3 times, and adhered them together to make a sturdy element with some 'lift'. I like the shadows these dimensional embellishments add to a card.


The flowers were popped up with different layers of foam tape, since I always like a little dimension on my cards.


Inside is another flower, more Nuvo drops and a penned sentiment on a stitched scalloped rectangle of coordinating patterned paper. Whew - that was a mouthful!


My third card was made pretty much the same as above, with a stamped and fussy cut image instead of a bunch of die cuts.


The colours from the markers/water brush didn't blend as well as I had hoped sine this was stamped on regular card stock and not water colour paper. But I was happy enough with the finished image. I love this stamp and have sure got my use out of it.


I used a black card base to make everything pop, and inside you will see the stitched rectangle that didn't get added back into it's opening on the first card.



Supplies:
Anniversary Card
White and black card stock
Patterned paper - DCWV
Essential Horizontal Cover-Up - MFT Stamps
Art Stix Markers
3-d Butterfly sticker - Photoplay
Sequins, flakes and glitter
Transparency - Hero Arts
Glossy Accents
Happy - Lawn Fawn
Sharpie
Butterfly punch - Stampin' Up
Spectrum Noir Glitter Pen
Nuvo Crystal Drops

Floral Bouquet Birthday Card
Patterned paper - DCWV
Essential Horizontal Cover Up - MFT Stamps
White and orange card stocks
Floral stamps and dies - Beautiful Bouquet - Stampin' Up
Spectrum Noir Glitter Pen
Happy die - MFT Stamps
Birthday - Your Next Stamp
Red Soft Finish Card Stock - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Nuvo Crystal Drops
Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle - MFT Stamps
Black fine tip marker

Amazing Succulent Birthday Card
Essential Horizontal Coverplate - MFT Stamps
Patterned paper - DCWV
White, black and pale peach card stocks
Xyron
Succulent stamp - Waffle Flower
Marvy Le Plume II Markers
Water Brush
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen
Amazing die - the Stamps of Life (Treat Bag die set)
Blueprints #21 (Banner) and large rectangle die
Fun foam
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia


Birthday Words - Waffle Flower

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. always a bonus when you find other ways to use a die other than what you first thought ... great set of cards :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!