Sunday 19 August 2018

Christmas Card Trio, Two Flat and One Pop-Up

Good morning friends

I have a trio of Christmas cards to share today that helped me use up what was left of an older holiday  paper package. Two are flat cards and the third is a Pop-Up.


For my first card, I used a background die from MFT, cutting it from white heavy weight card stock then again from the different colours of polka dot patterned paper scraps. These were adhered back in their spots sort of like a puzzle.


This glittered candy cane and the 3-D Merry Christmas stickers were in my stash and they matched so well with the patterned paper I was able to complete the card front with those.


Inside I added a couple of the patterned paper pieces, a stamped greeting and sparkly holly sticker.


This second card has a cardinal on the front, that was one of the papers in the package. I cut it out with Karen Burniston's Crosshatch Squares and added some glitter then was able to use it as an embellishment!




I used the Circle Charm Pop-Up for my third card with more of that patterned paper. I hadn't done a long side fold A2 card with this die set before, and I liked the way it turned out. Once I was finished these three cards I had used up a bunch of the leftover bits and pieces and the only bit left has red polka dots. That piece I can use for die cutting holiday embellishments!


The hearts come with the Circle Charm Pop-Up and I layered a trio of them on the right side.


The Merry Christmas was die cut from some of the red patterned paper, and I added highlights with a white gel pen.


Here is the card when it's opened - the gingerbread man pivots from the front to the inside when the card is opened.




There is a lot of dimension to the Circle Charm Pop-Up, and here is the view from the top. It is still a nice & easy card to put together, and doesn't require a backing card!


Into my stash with these ones and the flat ones will go to my Mom to send out for the holidays.

Supplies for Candy Cane card:
Candy cane sticker - Anna Griffin
White card stock
Coverplate die - MFT Stamps
Patterned paper - old, from my stash
Scalloped Merry Christmas - K & Company
Stitched oval dies - MFT Stamps
Fun foam
Nuvo Crystal Drops
Dashing Rectangle dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Stamps inside - Neat and Tangled
Holly sticker inside - dollar store

Supplies for Cardinal card:
Patterned paper - old, from my stash
1054 Rectangles Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
1056 Suares Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Stickles
Pine Sprig - Impression Obsession
Nuvo Crystal Drops
Green and white card stocks
Stitched mini scallop rectangle dies - MFT Stamps
Inside stamps - Neat and Tangled

Supplies for Gingerbread Circle Charm Pop-Up

1046 Circle Charm Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
Kraft and white card stocks
Sakura white gel pen
Fun foam
1018 Winter Charms - Karen Burniston
1024 Cat & Dog (tiny hearts) - Karen Burniston
1056 Squares Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
1022 Word Set 3 Holiday - Karen Burniston
Patterned paper - old, from my stash

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!