Wednesday 14 June 2017

Succulent Window Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends

I had to duck into Michaels for something and saw these 3-d paper succulents in their bargain bins. Score! I decided to use one of Karen Burniston's new die sets - the Katherine Label Pop-Up. As per Karen B's sample, I chose to make a window card.  I like how the succulent peeks out through the window, since the flower has several layers it sits high.  (Note, Karen B has downloadable PDF instruction sheets for her new interactive dies, and videos too - right on the website! You can see the new release HERE).


Here is a look at the inside, with the popped up label decorated with the succulent and stamped banner. I chose to turn the Katherine Label into a vertical orientation for this card, which really changes the look!


While this succulent already had purple tipped leaves, I did add a little more purple with Distress Oxide inks and splattered it lightly with water. I like the droplets this leaves in the ink. I did the same with the label the succulent is adhered to, inking the edges with Iced Spruce Distressed Oxide ink then splattering it with water and drying with my heat tool.


I got to use an older stamp from my stash, and older patterned paper as well. The pattern on the paper is embossed and shiny, but it's hard to see that in the photos.


Here is another view of the card so you can see how much this Katherine Label Pop-Up pops up!



Supplies:
Green card stock
1011 Katherine Label Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
Patterned paper - Recollections
3-d paper succulent - Michaels
Nuvo Crystal Drops
cream card stock
Word stamp - Stampin' Up

Card size - 4-1/2 x 6"

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

  1. Great deal on those succulents. Nice to see you using them already. Card looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your new card!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this that succulent is awesome

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!