Saturday 3 June 2017

C4C-388 Fight Like A Girl Flip-It Card

Good morning friends

It's Saturday so that means a new challenge at the Crazy 4 Challenges Blog. Our April 2017 Hostess is Joanne Grzelak.


Here is Joanne's Challenge: Today is Repeat Day. On your creations this week, you are to repeat some part of your design at least three times. Could mean three same sized circles, three of the same flower.......three of something on your card. 

I chose to make a card for a friend battling Breast Cancer. I used some pink patterned paper from my stash, and also made a coordinating envelope using the Envelope Punch Board.

Ahhhhh the Punch Boards. I stayed away from them because I just don't have room to store stuff like that. But I found one on clearance and thought I'd see how I liked it. Well ... I love it! Stopped at a Michaels in Great Falls on the way down to Arizona in the Spring and they had the Gift Bag Punch Board on clearance so I grabbed that too. Later that month I used a coupon and got the Alphabet Punch Board, which I'm ashamed to say I haven't even opened yet.  Of course I still don't have the ideal spot to store the Punch Boards, but thinking I might look at hooks on the back of the door to slide them into. We will see...



The ribbons were cut from pink card stock, coloured a little with Zig Clean Color Markers, and then they each got a coating of glimmer with a Wink of Stella pen.



I couldn't help it, but this little pig was sitting on my stamping area and I just had to add it to make my friend smile. (Which it did).



 Inside I tried something a little different, scoring and stretching the Stitched Fishtail Banners across the whole space.



For the challenge, I have three circles, three pink ribbons and 3 fishtail banners. Three threesomes ... bonus points, I'm sure. Ha!

Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C-388

Supplies:
Triple Circle Flip-It card - Sizzix
Pink, red and white card stocks
Patterned paper - Provocraft
Stitched Circle dies - MFT Stamps
Stamps and ribbon die - the Stamps of Life
Zig Clean Colour Markers
Fishtail Banners - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Wink of Stella
Quick Critter (pig) - Taylored Expressions
 Black glaze pen - Sakura


Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!