Saturday 10 June 2017

C4C-389 Roses Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends

It's Saturday so that means a new challenge at the Crazy 4 Challenges Blog. Our June 2017 Hostess is Joanne Grzelak,

When I saw the theme of Roses, I knew I wanted to use one of the lovely ECD Rose Peel-Off's for my card. When I pulled out the sheet I saw this negative image from a previous project so decided to use that instead of the outline piece.


Using a Transfer Sheet, I picked up all the little pieces of the negative image and transferred them onto a piece of cream card stock. It was easy to colour inside the lines with Sharpie markers, then I went over the blossom lines with a Wink of Stella pen.



Check out the Pop-Up inside. I have had these Pop-Ups for YEARS. They were on clearance at Michaels way back when and I was intrigued. When I got them home and opened the package, they were simply printed florals layered with foam tape and a label adhered to the back. I don't know what I expected, but this wasn't it. And the package went into my Embellishment Box and stayed there. 

The Pop-Up is a simple card stock strip folded into a box and adhered on one side to the back of the embellishment. I adhered it to the bottom and back of the card to create the Pop-Up card.  I should note that back when I got these, Karen Burniston was not yet designing interactive card dies.

Since there are roses in this bouquet, I decided to finally USE one of these things.



Below you can see the simple box platform and how it creates the Pop-Up. The lacy border was a test cut from another older die. Much older. I was looking through my older dies and saw this one and wanted to see what it looked like when cut. Because the die is so old I couldn't remember, ha ha.



Finally I added a Peel-Off Happy Birthday to the tag. This card will be going into the bin for Seniors Secret Service.  



Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C389.

Supplies:
Green and cream card stocks
Pop-Up Embellishment - Anna Griffith (? - I didn't keep the packaging)
Patterned paper - K & Company
Wonky stitched rectangles - MFT Stamps
2577 Happy Birthday Peel-Off - Elizabeth Craft Designs
2599 Roses Peel-Off's (negative) - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Transfer Sheet - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Sharpie markers
Wink of Stella
Seam binding
Scalloped Oval die - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Gold gel pen - Sakura
Border die - Sizzix
Nuvo Crystal Drops

Thanks for stopping by today

SaveSave

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful romantic card
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card, love how you used the negative image peel off sticker on the front of the card

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!