Wednesday 28 June 2017

Birthday Squirrel and Wagon Birthday Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends

Today's share is a Pop-Up Birthday card using a bunch of new dies by Karen Burniston.


I've had the patterned paper for several years and I think it is going to work really well with the new Woodland Animals. Here, the squirrel is holding a die cut flower while standing on a fussy cut mushroom.


Inside, I made a Pop-Up with the new Tree Pop-Up. The greenery on the tree is cut with one pass so you can quickly make a full tree - or even lots of trees!



I'm kind of proud of the wagon, which was made with the swing from the Tree Pop-Up. I cut four swings from red card stock and embossed the wood grain on them using the emboss feature of the die. They were adhered to a scrap of red card stock in behind, then I added the tire swing for wheels. The hubcaps were made with the jump-ring die from the Charm Accordion - I left the centre intact and adhered the whole thing inside the tires. The wagon handle was hand cut from a scrap of red card stock with markings from a silver Sharpie marker.

The little squirrel fits perfectly in the wagon, but here I have added some fussy cut mushrooms for him to hold and perch on.


I used two of the three Nature Edges for the greenery,  the ground/hill/snow/grass/dirt one and the grass is on the bottom part of the card with another fussy cut mushroom.


I decided to add a few flowers to the tree and wagon - the flower die cuts six at a time, so it doesn't take long to cut a whole bunch. I cut a stitched puffy cloud (Nature Edges) from scrap card stock, then used it as a stencil/mask with dye inks to create the puffy clouds in the sky.


I hope you enjoyed this card as much as I enjoyed making it. While I am in NO WAY trying to hurry through summer to get to Fall, I am thinking it will be fun to make autumn coloured leaves with this tree for Fall themed cards too. And bare, it will work great for Halloween!

Supplies:
Patterned paper Recollections
Brown, peach, black, red and silver pearl card stocks
1001 Woodland Animals - Karen Burniston
1005 Tree Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
1006 Nature Edges - Karen Burniston
1011 Katherine Label Pop-Up (labels) - Karen Burniston
Fishtail banner dies - MFT Stamps
1003 Word Set 2 - Birthday - Karen Burniston
Silver gel pen - Sakura
Chalks - Stampin' Up
Black fine point marker
Pink coloured pencil
1007 Charm Accordion (Jump ring) - Karen Burniston
Bakers Twine
Copic's
1009 Twist Panel Pop-Up (Banners) - Karen Burniston

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

  1. That little red wagon is Prue genius

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wagon, hope I can remember it, when I finally get the die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so stinkin’ cute! Love everything about it—from the wagon, to the squirrel to the flowers on that tree. TY for sharing yet another gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!