Monday 5 June 2017

BBQ Pop-Up Father's Day Card

Good morning friends

It's Masculine Card Monday here on my blog and I have a fun card to share today. Last year I was shopping for something else, and spied this Lawn Fawn BBQ stamp and die set. I HAD to have it. I'm happy I bought it - it's tons of fun to stamp and die cut all the little bits and pieces - and it's a great set for Masculine cards.

On the front I used some older label dies, and the stamped images were coloured with Copic markers.


Here is the card as it is opening ...


Ta Da! I used the Snowman Twist Circle Pop-Up by Karen Burniston. She has re-released this set (with a fun tweak) at her new online store, which you can find HERE. I'm happy you can still purchase it as this is one of my favourites. Whoever you give one of these cards to, says 'COOL!" (or something like that) and then they open and close it a couple of times to watch the decorated circle spin and pop-up into position.

While the new set includes dies to make a fun stacked snowman, you can see here that the set can be completely generic for all kinds of themes and occasions.


Seriously, how cute are these images?  They were fun to colour as well. For the grass, I made a stencil out of Karen Burniston's Outdoor Edges, an older die. She has a new Nature Edges set (with stitched edges!!) and that grass die will work well for this technique too.




All of the Father's in our family like to BBQ, so I'm not sure who this one is for yet!

**Note, if you have the previously released Twist Circle Pop-Up from ECD the mechanism dies are the same. You just don't have the fun stacked snowman decorator dies.

Supplies:
1012 Snowman Twist Circle Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
Patterned card - DCWV
BBQ stamps and dies - Lawn Fawn
White, red card stocks
Copic markers
Sharpie White marker
Outdoor Edges, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Dot stamp - Stamps by Judith
Banner die - La La Land Crafts
Black sharpie marker
Label dies - MFT Stamps
Stitched circle dies - MFT Stamps
All Seasons Tree (Clouds), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Zig Clean Colour Markers

Card size - 5 x 6"

Thanks for stopping by today

4 comments:

  1. this card is definitely smokin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect card for a man!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card! Love the BBQ theme except now I'm hungry for burgers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! Love the BBQ theme, except now I'm hungry for burgers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!