Friday 30 June 2017

CANADA Accordion Tabletop Decoration

Good morning friends

I woke up one morning and this idea just hit me as I was getting dressed so I headed straight to the craft room to get it made. I used the Charm Accordion, one of the new releases from Karen Burniston. I really like that it cuts two pages at a time!

Below is the accordion in the closed position.


Here is the table top decoration fully open. I used an old Stampin' Up die to cut the letters out of red glitter card stock, and the dangling heart charms are also cut from the same glitter card stock. One of the coolest dies in this set is the JUMP RING DIE! It cuts 4 jump rings at a time, and having them cut from card stock etc makes it much easier to assemble than using actual jump rings. And not just for me - I see that comment a lot from people who have also purchased Karen Burniston's Charm Accordion. For this accordion, I cut the jump rings from gold Shimmer Sheets.


When open, the decoration is a full 15" wide! It was fun choosing the different words to add from Karen B's new collection - I think the font is so sweet. These ones were cut from card stock with Xyron adhesive on the back which essentially turned them into stickers so they were easy to adhere.



I cut the Charm Accordion three times, twice from red and once from white. The hinges (the hinge die comes with the Charm Accordion) were cut from black and they are what holds the panels together. I also cut the Charm Frames (included) from black card stock.


Look at how flat it all folds up! Hubby was surprised and impressed at that - in fact, he quite liked the whole project! I'll be able to store it for other July 1st Canada Day celebrations as well. Canada is turning 150 this year, but I didn't add any numbers so I can put this out again next year.



Supplies
1007 Charm Accordion - Karen Burniston
Red, White & Black card stocks
Red glitter - Stampin' Up
Alpha dies - Stampin 'Up
Gold shimmer sheetz - Elizabeth Craft Designs
1002 Word Set 1 - Greetings - Karen Burniston
1003 Word Set 2 - Birthday - Karen Burniston
Xyron
Stitched leaf die - Lawn Fawn

Thanks for stopping by today

6 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful tribute for Canada Day!
    (BTW my Canada Day Baker the Beaver is out on display for the weekend)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow- this card is fantastic!

    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your triple charm accordion ... so perfect for your Canada Day celebrations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card! Wonderful idea for any birthday! I wonder if one of my alphabet dies would work? Thank you for the inspiration, Karen. The the Charm Accordion Die is at the top of my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "N" is upside down. Those pesky serifs...:)

    ReplyDelete










  6. The "N" is upside down. Those pesky serifs...


    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!