Wednesday 7 June 2017

Friendship Twist Panel Pop-Up

Good morning friends

Today's share uses one of Karen Burniston's new Pop-Up dies and this one is sure to be a popular one. I used printed embellishments from my stash to decorate my card.


Here is a look at the card opening.


And here it is fully open! This type of card is quite trendy and people enjoy both making them and receiving them. But they have required measuring and templates and ... they are a little fiddly to make. Well, up until now - with the Twist Panel Pop-Up they are easy peasy!


The little tag and heart are decorator dies that come in the set, as is the cute dotted curvy edge. The patterned paper was a scrap from my stash. I just cut it to fit the white inner card then used the curvy edge to die cut the top.


The printed elements got some bling with Stickles. Check out that sweet scalloped panel. It's sized perfectly to fit on the panels but I'm sure there will lots of other ways to use it. I just love it!


There are two word sets in Karen Burniston's new collection, done in a sweet script. Here I cut them from white card stock and rubbed them with chalks to add the colour. And look at those tiny jewelry tags - so cute! Now I have a confession ... see the glittered heart? I had actually glued down the pink heart before checking for catch points and sure enough. When I went to close the card the edge of the Twist Panels caught on the heart and wouldn't close.

When I peeled off the heart it left a mark on the white card stock. Thankfully the glitter glue covered it and doesn't cause the panels to catch. Lesson learned - check for catch points before adhering elements.


Here is another view of the card opened. Normally I like to use foam tape, but when you keep the embellishments flat, it reduces the overall bulk of the card.

 I'd also like to point out, that Karen B has video tutorials and downloadable instructions right on her website which makes things easier. She shares tips and tricks as well which are helpful the first time you are using a new interactive die. After you've made one of these Twist Panel Pop-Ups though, you likely won't need the instructions. It all just makes sense!


You can be sure you will be seeing lots of these Twist Panel Pop-Up cards on blogs and Pinterest as people receive their orders. I love that you can just cut, fold and glue. No math or ruler required. :-)

Supplies:
Pink, white and green card stocks
1009 Twist Panel Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
Blueprints #13 - MFT Stamps
Printed embellishments - Kaisercrafat
Floral patterned paper - scrap
Nuvo Crystal Drops
Wink of Stella
Sakura Glaze pen
Bakers Twine
Signo white gel pen
1002 Word Set 1, Greetings - Karen Burniston
Chalks - Stampin' Up
Hairspray
Xyron
Stickles

Card size - standard A2, 4-1/4 x 5-1/2"

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!