Tuesday 13 June 2017

June 2017 Paper Pro's Challenge

Good morning friends

It's time again for the Paper Pro's Challenge ... this time Shelly issues the challenge "Masculine Birthday Cards".  I had placed my order for Karen Burniston's new dies as soon as she made the announcement they were available, and they were shipped right away. But ... for some strange reason mail between the US and Canada is incredibly slow. I don't know if the hold up is at Customs or if Canada Post drops the ball once they have possession of the package. I can track my shipments to the border and they make it in great time. Then the clock just stops. As does the tracking.

Since I didn't know if they would make it to me in time to make my card, I went with some older Karen Burniston dies instead. I know some of the Paper Pro's will be using the new dies though so there should be lots of eye candy for you.


I used Karen Burniston's window technique for this card. Notice the yellow around the edges of the grey heart? That is one of the cool things about the new Distress Oxide Inks - you can add a light colour over a dark one. The card is wider than what the die cuts, as I extended the right edge with patterned paper.

The centre banner punch has black Nuvo Crystal Drops on it. :-) They are raised and shiny and I love those things.


There is a transparency sandwiched between the opening and the black frame ...


... and this is a peek at the card opening. I'm finding all kinds of ways to use the spinner from the Rectangle Pull Card, as I did here with the Happy Birthday label.


When the card is opened, the spinner pops up  and comes into view. I didn't get nearly enough playtime with the Mug Insert for Karen Burniston's Pop 'n Cut so thought I'd get it out again.


The 'steam' is cut from vellum


I haven't decided yet if this will go into my card stash or go to Seniors Secret Service.

***EDITED TO ADD links to my fellow Paper Pro Blogs, which I shamelessly copied from Kelly Booth's Blog. Thanks Kelly!

                                                      Shelly Hickox - This was her theme
Karen Aicken - that's ME!

Supplies:
Grey card stock
A2 Pop 'n Cut base with Mug insert - Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
Patterned paper - Stampin' Up
Anita Frames (label), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Circles and Labels, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Heart Movers & Shapers - Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
Transparency
Vellum
Rectangle pull card (spinner), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Banner punch - Stampin' Up
White gel pen - Signo
Occasions Clear Stamps, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Distress Oxide Inks
Nuvo Crystal Drops

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! Always a treat to see Karen's older dies, in in action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic birthday card!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!