Friday 11 August 2023

Thanksgiving Magic Iris Card


Welcome to Fun Fold Friday here on my blog! This is the 8th edition to my monthly series "Magic Iris Cards" and I decided to make a Thanksgiving card. I am not trying to hurry Autumn along - Summer is my favourite season - but I am going to need some Thanksgiving cards. In the first photo above, the shutter is closed.


When you slide the arrowed tab down towards the bottom the card, the shutters open to reveal  a circle sticker that reads Happy Thanksgiving. I used a circle punch to line up where the notch is on the Magic Iris panel then finished the trimming with scissors. I find that makes it a little easier to get your fingers around that pull tab.


Inside I added a stamped panel that has washi tape on the top and bottom edge as well as a stamped greeting.


Having been asked how many cards I make I thought it would be fun to keep track this year. Many of my posts include more than a single card or project and below is my tally. 

Card Tally for 2023
January - 53 cards
February - 56 cards
March - 55 cards
April - 32 cards
May - 43 cards
June - 34 cards
July - 56 cards
August so far - 40 cards

I decided to cancel the subscription that provided linked thumbnails to what products I used on my cards. It was costing me out of pocket each month, so I’m back to listing what I used.

Supplies:
Magic Iris and Magic Iris Add On
Patterned paper - Amber Moon, Prima (old)
Stickers - my stash
Washi tape - stash
Inside stamp - Give Thanks, The Alley Way Stamps
Catherine Pooler inks
Glitter dots - Elizabeth Craft Designs (old, from my stash)
Wink of Stella

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!