Thursday 10 August 2023

Ice Cream Shaped Slimline Card


For the 8th edition to my monthly series Shaped Cards, I created a Slimline sized Ice Cream Sundae card! I will be putting this one away until next July when I send the family their ice cream cards - this year I was scrambling as Summer can get busy. So now I will be ahead of the game!I have had these two ice cream sets (Stamps of Life) for years, and I'm still getting good use out of them. This is the first time I've created a shaped card with them though!

I took a 4-1/4" folded card base, and lined up the sundae dish on the top fold. Then I slid that top edge just over the fold, so everything would cut but that top edge which would remain as a fold. That gave me a top folding sundae dish shaped card. 😊


Then I stamped another sundae dish on rainbow striped paper and die cut it out, adhering it to the shaped card base. Because I used dies for this - they lined up perfectly! The ice cream scoops were stamped and die cut from some patterned paper and I inked the edges for definition. Once they were glued on top of each other, I added some sequins.

Finally, after the card was done I decided to add a spoon from Karen Burniston's Ice Cream die set. That was cut from silver mirror card stock. The sentiment inside was hand written with coloured pens.

Thinking it would help the card stand better, I trimmed off a narrow strip from the inside bottom edge as you can see in the photo. Not sure if that really was necessary but the card does stand for display!


Having been asked how many cards I make I thought it would be fun to keep track this year. Many of my posts include more than a single card or project and below is my tally. 

Card Tally for 2023
January - 53 cards
February - 56 cards
March - 55 cards
April - 32 cards
May - 43 cards
June - 34 cards
July - 56 cards
August so far - 39 cards

I decided to cancel the subscription that provided linked thumbnails to what products I used on my cards. It was costing me out of pocket each month, so I’m back to listing what I used.

Supplies:
Patterned paper - Over the Rainbow, Michaels
Cone2Dish and Scream4IceCream - the Stamps of Life
Catherine Pooler Inks
Shimmer Spray
Sequins - Rainbow Fusion, Studio Katia
Itty Bitty Summer stamps - MFT Stamps
Stitched Sentiment Block - Kat Scrappiness
White Pain Pen
Coloured pens
Distress Oxide Inks
Spoon die - Ice Cream Pop Up, Karen Burniston
Silver Mirror cardstock

2 comments:

  1. Oh I think I have one or both of those sets … awesome card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you explained so clearly! Wonderful card! Especially for summer birthdays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!