Thursday 3 August 2023

Set of Nine Dog Themed Cards!


I used some premade elements, patterned paper and coordinating washi tape to create nine dog themed cards for my stash. I didn't photograph them all together though, but in groups. Oh, and I made some bookmarks from the leftovers as well. 😊.  The card on the top right, with the doggie in the window, is actually a pop up card using Karen Burniston's Katherine Label Pop Up. You can see the inside with a pop up heart in the photo below.


I also have a walkthrough of my cards on YouTube:  



I really enjoyed creating these cards, just sitting down and playing with the journal cards and ephemera pieces. No pressures, deadlines, using whatever appealed to me at the moment - just the joy of creating.


I just loved this water coloured look WOOF cut-apart so actually made two cards using it, but added a different dog element to each one. 


Our eldest grandson (11 years) is going to come and stay here next week to help me out with some chores & dog walking. I have mobility issues because of my Rheumatoid Arthritis and there are some things that I find too difficult including getting down on my knees. Truthfully, that is too painful to even attempt! We plan on paying him for his efforts, but we aren't going to tell him beforehand. He is such a thoughtful kid, he is happy to come and help - and get a break from his little brother. We will put the $$ in one of these cards to give him, and I have already sent a couple off for Happy Mail with a note written inside.

Having been asked how many cards I make I thought it would be fun to keep track this year. Many of my posts include more than a single card or project and below is my tally. 

Card Tally for 2023
January - 53 cards
February - 56 cards
March - 55 cards
April - 32 cards
May - 43 cards
June - 34 cards
July - 56 cards
August so far - 11 cards

I decided to cancel the subscription that provided linked thumbnails to what products I used on my cards. It was costing me too much out of pocket each month, so I’m back to listing what I used.

Supplies:
Pawsome Birthday Sentiments - Waffle Flower
Pawfect Sentiments - Waffle Flower
Heart Crosshatch dies- Karen Burniston
Nuvo Glaze
Enjoy the Adventure, Memories and More card bases/envelopes - Stampin' Up
Various cardstocks
A7 Double Stitched Frames - unknown
Infinity Oval dies - Hero Arts
Furry Friends - Echo Park
Versa Fine Ink
Simple Strips WOOF stamp - Taylored Expressions
Simple Strips die - Taylored Expressions
Catherine Pooler Inks
Wink of Stella
White Paint Pen
Bookmark tassel - stash

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!