Tuesday 29 August 2023

Foiled Lantern Birthday Card


I really enjoyed creating this Birthday card for a friend and I used hot foiling and metallic cardstocks for LOTS of shimmer & shine.


After hot foiling the Sunburst hot foil plate, I heated up a Mirror Rectangle hot foil plate with the used foil for this stunning reverse foiled sunburst background. Oh, it just makes me happy!  The sentiment was also foiled with the same rainbow foil.

The lantern was die cut from a mottled metallic cardstock and backed with vellum. 


Here is a peek at the inside ...


One more look ...


Having been asked how many cards I make I thought it would be fun to keep track this year. Many of my posts include more than a single card or project and below is my tally. 

Card Tally for 2023
January - 53 cards
February - 56 cards
March - 55 cards
April - 32 cards
May - 43 cards
June - 34 cards
July - 56 cards
August so far - 103 cards

I decided to cancel the subscription that provided linked thumbnails to what products I used on my cards. It was costing me out of pocket each month, so I’m back to listing what I used.

Supplies:
Glimmer Foil system - Spellbinders
Rainbow foil - Spellbinders
Mirror Rectangle Hot Foil Plate - Pinkfresh Studio
5 x 7" Nesting Rectangles - Waffle Flower
Glitter Ombre Mirri Card - HunkyDory
Vellum
Wink of Stella
Glitter Dots - Ecstasy Crafts
Sending Birthday Wishes - Everyday Sentiments Hot Foil Plate - Spellbinders
Patterned paper inside - Vivid Drops VIVID, Craft Consortium
Words inside - Here Comes Birthday Wishes - Pinkfresh Studios
Mini MISTI

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!