Monday 14 August 2023

Bee Thankful Curvy Gatefold Card


When I posted a Curvy Gatefold card with a coneflower on the belly band, one of my followers suggested I do one with a Bee. Well - I love bee images, and decided to pull out this beautiful 6x6" sunflower paper pad and Honey Bee's Babee stamp/dies and this is what I came up with.



The wings on the bee have a coating of Nuvo Glaze so they are raised and shiny, and I added some gold gems for sparkle.


When you slide off the belly band, this is the inside. I plan on using this one for a Thanksgiving card as the Canadian Thanksgiving is in October. I also send Thanksgiving cards to our American friends and family in November so I like to have a bunch of them made.  I had made a note last year that I needed to restock Thanksgiving cards for 2023 so I'm working on that now. 


Having been asked how many cards I make I thought it would be fun to keep track this year. Many of my posts include more than a single card or project and below is my tally. 

Card Tally for 2023
January - 53 cards
February - 56 cards
March - 55 cards
April - 32 cards
May - 43 cards
June - 34 cards
July - 56 cards
August so far - 49 cards

I decided to cancel the subscription that provided linked thumbnails to what products I used on my cards. It was costing me out of pocket each month, so I’m back to listing what I used.

Supplies:
Curvy Gatefold die set - Creative Craft
Patterned Paper - Sunflower Collection 6x6", Crafters Companion
Mini MISTI
Bee Happy - Divinity Designs
Momento Ink
Alcohol markers 
Nuvo Glaze
Shimmer Spray
Label Maker
Gold Gems - Spellbinders
Wink of Stella
Various cardstock - stash

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!