Wednesday 9 August 2023

First Group of Birthday Cards


I was poking around in my stash for some bright patterned paper to make more birthday cards for my Mom's old nursing home. I found these cut-aparts/journal cards which I had completely forgotten about!  I had purchased them back in February and had trimmed them from the 12 x 12" sheet. Ooooooh! I found some coordinating paper, matted each of the cut-aparts and made a bunch of cards.

A BUNCH. 

Today I'm sharing the first of them, and it's a big group. Since you know I never post cards in the same order I make them, these are actually the last group I made, using leftover patterned paper from the others. 😊  I kept the layout simple for these ones, adding one of those leftover  patterned paper strips onto the card bases, mounting the matted cut-aparts with foam tape. Simple, but fun and cheerful!


Most of these ones are singles (there are a couple of duplicates) so I can donate all of them in a single month. In the card below, I added a glittery stamped dog from my embellishment binder. The dog is from Paper Smooches, but sadly they are no longer in business. The cut-apart just needed a little something and I was happy to have found that dog in there. 

I also added some glitter (Stickles and Pops of Color) so the cut-aparts have some birthday sparkle.


I think the residents will get a kick out of these bright and cheery cards.


I'll be back next week with another (much smaller) group of cards made with more of the cut-aparts.

Having been asked how many cards I make I thought it would be fun to keep track this year. Many of my posts include more than a single card or project and below is my tally. 

Card Tally for 2023
January - 53 cards
February - 56 cards
March - 55 cards
April - 32 cards
May - 43 cards
June - 34 cards
July - 56 cards
August so far - 38 cards

I decided to cancel the subscription that provided linked thumbnails to what products I used on my cards. It was costing me out of pocket each month, so I’m back to listing what I used. 

Supplies:
Various cardstocks
Patterned paper - Back to School & Happy Birthday (Echo Park) 
Nuvo Glaze
Stickles
Glittery Dog - Paper Smooches
Silk Microfine Glitter - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Cool Tag Banner Sentiments - Your Next Stamp
Catherine Pooler Inks
The Inside Scoop Birthday - Taylored Expressions

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!