Wednesday 16 August 2023

Southwest Pop Up Birthday Card


This card is the eighth edition to my monthly series "Throwback Fun Fold Dies" and I made a masculine pop up Birthday card. The patterned paper has gold foiled bits, so I added narrow gold Washi tape for additional shine.

The label was cut from white cardstock and then I used brushes to ink the edges. The desert border was die cut from a strip of black cardstock, then I laid the same label die over it to determine what area I wanted to keep for the label, and I ran it through my die cutter again. That gave me a border with the bottom edge in the exact size and shape of my label for perfect placement. The sentiment was stamped then the label was popped up with thin foam tape.


Inside I used an older die by Karen Burniston - the Happy Birthday Pop it Ups die - which is from her days as a designer at Elizabeth Craft Designs. I haven't used it in a long time so it was fun to pull it out again.


Side view ...


I cut the Happy Birthday twice, once from black and once from green. Then the black one was adhered on top of the green with a slight off set. 


Having been asked how many cards I make I thought it would be fun to keep track this year. Many of my posts include more than a single card or project and below is my tally. 

Card Tally for 2023
January - 53 cards
February - 56 cards
March - 55 cards
April - 32 cards
May - 43 cards
June - 34 cards
July - 56 cards
August so far - 61 Cards

I decided to cancel the subscription that provided linked thumbnails to what products I used on my cards. It was costing me out of pocket each month, so I’m back to listing what I used.

Supplies:
Patterned paper - Desert Dream (Michaels)
Happy Birthday Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (retired)
Narrow gold wash tape
Gold mirror cardstock
Labels - Tasteful Label Dies, Stampin' Up
Blending Brushes - Taylored Expressions
SW border dies & coyote - Crafting Desert Divas
Sentiment - Laugh Out Loud Again, Clearly Besotted
Catherine Pooler Inks
Various cardstocks - stash

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!