Friday 25 August 2023

Happy Birthday Platform Pop Up Card


Welcome to Fun Fold Friday here on my blog. This card is the 8th edition to my monthly series "Platform Pop Up Cards". I made it for our son's partner (close enough to a Daughter In Law and that is how we think of her ❤️). I knew I wanted to use bright colours and add a die cut greeting on a piece of acetate. But what to add to the front and centre sections???

Well I went through my embellishment binder, which is a large zippered binder filled with baseball card holders and page protectors. I had organized it last year (or the year before?) with odds and ends elements I had cut for cards and didn't use. My Pinkfresh Studio washi tape die cuts are in there too, as well as things I cut multiples of or fussy cut. It's so easy to just flip through the pages to see at a glance what I have. Well - I had a couple of these Snowball the Sheep done and in one of the clear pockets, as well as the fence in another. Ta Da! 


Afterwards I dug out the bin where I have all the other Pop it Ups Characters by Karen Burniston when she was designing for Elizabeth Craft Designs. I always loved the size of those characters, and now they are on magnetic sheets and much easier for me to get to. The Party Hat is from one of the character Props, but I don't remember what it's called. I thought that Snowball should be wearing a party hat, since this IS a birthday card! 

I also added some self adhesive gems onto the acetate which is fun as they look like they are floating.


This card folds down flat for mailing, but I will likely be hand delivering it to her with her Birthday Gift. I stamped the sentiment on the bottom since she will see it when she takes the card out of the envelope. We can sign it there as well. Usually I add a sentiment on the back, but I am liking this idea and will do it again.


Having been asked how many cards I make I thought it would be fun to keep track this year. Many of my posts include more than a single card or project and below is my tally. 

Card Tally for 2023
January - 53 cards
February - 56 cards
March - 55 cards
April - 32 cards
May - 43 cards
June - 34 cards
July - 56 cards
August so far - 88 cards

I decided to cancel the subscription that provided linked thumbnails to what products I used on my cards. It was costing me out of pocket each month, so I’m back to listing what I used.

Supplies:
Birthday Wishes - Honey Bee
Patterned paper - Sweet Celebration (6x6"), MFT Stamps
Snowball the Sheep - Karen Burniston (discontinued)
Fence die- Sizzix (retired)
White gel pen
Party Props (hat) - Karen Burniston (discontinued)
Fairy Jewels - Memory Box

 

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!