Tuesday 3 March 2020

Birthday Card with a Doubled Cupcake Pop Up

Hello crafty friends ...

It's time for the March 2020 Karen Burniston Designer Challenge. The Theme is: "ICYMI (In Case You Missed It)" - repost your favorite card from any previous Designer Challenge. If you want to also post a new card inspired by your older one, feel free."

I chose to make a new card, which was inspired by my February Designer Challenge card where I showed how to use the Cupcake Pop Up to make a double pop up. I'll add photos of that card and a link to that post & tutorial at the end of my post.

A very kind friend sent me the 6 x 6" pad of patterned paper. OMGoodness. I loved it when it came out in the fall, I believe. But I was trying not to buy any more patterned paper so resisted the urge. When I flipped through this pad though? I had to order the 12 x 12" package as well and I've used a combination of the two sizes on my card today.


Remember you can see all my interactive cards on my YouTube Channel HERE!


The card front has one of the cut aparts from a 12 x 12" sheet, and I added glitter, a seam binding bow and a white heat embossed sentiment.



Here is a peek at the inside. Where my February card used the Gift Card Label to hide the shape of the cupcakes, I used the Crosshatch Squares for this one. Same die set for the card base (Cupcake Pop Up) but a completely different look!


The flowers were fussy cut from the patterned paper, and tucked into a pot from the Flower Pot Pop Up. I also added the sprig from Autumn Elements, and a die cut Hello.



The other side has the large Happy Birthday and some small fussy cut blooms. There is room to sign our name as well.


I know - the lighting in this photo is TERRIBLE. But I was working on the card late in the evening and wanted to keep going. So it was this or no photo at all and I really wanted to show you what the doubled cupcake looked like before decorating.


Here is the card that I used as my inspiration and you can find all those details HERE.



I hope you will check out what the rest of the Design Team has come up with for this fun challenge (their blogs are linked on the right), and Karen Burniston will be on her BLOG tomorrow (Wednesday) with her project.

Supplies:
Card stocks - Pink, white, kraft, green and black
1008 Cupcake Pop Up - Karen Burniston
1056 Squares Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
1059 Autumn Elements (sprig) - Karen Burniston
1010 Flower Pot Pop Up - Karen Burniston
1002 Word Set 1 Greetings - Karen Burniston
1030 Happy Birthday - Karen Burniston
Patterned paper, and cut aparts - Flower Market, Carta Bella
Seam binding
Stickles

Card size - 5-1/2 x 5", fits in a 5 x 7" envelope



Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. so pretty, love what you are doing with the double cupcake pop-ups

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!