Tuesday 10 March 2020

Shark Birthday Card Duo

Hello crafty friends ...

I have to say how much I like this shark stamp from Avery Elle. It's been on the market for awhile, but all of a sudden it was one that I couldn't resist and I'm so glad I got it. What fun birthday cards it will make for kids AND for the nursing home.

I used water based markers scribbled on my glass mat, picking up the colour with a water brush and painting the shark. Talk about easy peasy colouring! I chose to make the crown/party hat in shades of blue and green because I was making boy cards. The YNS Wave Panel Die was cut from the lightly patterned paper, and after inking the edges of the inside panels I inlaid them back into the frame. The shark was added into one of the waves and the whole panel was adhered to the front of a white card.


For the inside, I used a stencil for the background then stamped two greetings and the small fish from the same stamp set as the shark.


I liked the card so much, I made a second one! The clear sparkly Gumdrops were the perfect 'bubbles' for my party sharks.


Adding double sided adhesive to the back of the red card stock before die cutting the Happy Birthday made the letters easy peasy to adhere to the card.


Into my stash for now, but I think these two will go to our daughters for when the grandkids go to Birthday Parties.

Supplies:
Sea-Prise Stamp set - Avery Elle
Wave Panel Die - Your Next Stamp
White and red card stocks
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Arteza Real Brush Pens
Water Brush
Sakura white gel and black glaze pens
Patterned paper - Ocean Blue Water Colour, Ella & Viv
Spectrum Noir Glitter Pen
Bold Happy Birthday Word Die - Your Next Stamp
Crystal Clear & Sparkle Gumdrops - Your Next Stamp
Sentiment - Make a Fish, Waffle Flower
Stencil - Carabelle Studio
Big Beautiful Blending Brush - the Cat's Pajamas

Card sizes - both, standard A2, 4.25 x 5.5"

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. that wave die works perfectly with the shark ... love it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!