Wednesday 11 March 2020

Swan Trifold Card

Hello crafty friends ...

I'm on the i-crafter Blog today sharing a card I made using the Tunnel Card die which is part of the March release. Rather than make a tunnel card though, I used the dies to make a Trifold card.


Remember you can see all my interactive cards on my YouTube Channel HERE!


I sandwiched acetate between the kraft card stock and the patterned paper on both the first and second panels. When you open the first panel you see the one with the swan. The die embosses such lovely details on the swan! I look forward to playing with this die set some more.


I can't believe it's been that long, but over 20 years ago I used to go into our kids classrooms and teach the children the technique of cutting a cloud mask and creating sky backgrounds like this. While there are plastic cloud stencils available now, I still turn to my hand made template/mask to create cloudy skies now and then. Oh, I also taught them how to make explosion cards and basic popups, and to create a grass/ground mask too. I'd haul in a bunch of stamps and ink pads and one year I saw a science fair project that one of those students had made and she has created a lovely inked scene using what I taught her years before. That sure made my heart happy!


I used a label maker to add the Happy Birthday, and mounted it to the centre panel with some fishtail banners. I'll write our birthday greeting below the swan, probably in a white gel pen.

I hope I've inspired you to use your dies in different ways!

Supplies:
Kraft and white card stocks
Patterned paper - Farmhouse, Craftsmart
222004 Tunnel Card Base, Swan - i-crafter
222010 Zip Git Tags (for you) - i-crafter
Acetate
Makeup Brushes
Copic markers
Catherine Pooler Inks
Brother labeller
Sequins - stash
Spectrum Noir Glitter Pen

Card size - 4 x 5", fits in a standard A2 envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!