Saturday 7 March 2020

Karate Slider Card for Ethan

Hello crafty friends ...

With three of our grandsons taking Karate, when I saw this new Karate image from Riley & Company, I knew I had to get it. I pulled it out to make a card for Ethan, who was attending Regionals in Edmonton at the end of February. He put in SO much hard work and training, that I wanted to send him a card that had no bearing on the outcome of this (his first) big competition.

He did SO good! Like REALLY REALLY good. He took home two gold medals and one silver, and has been invited to attend Nationals in Ontario at the end of May. We are very proud of him.


Remember you can always see my card videos on my YouTube Channel HERE.


I personalized the card with the new i-crafter Haley Alphabet, which cuts both the letter and a thin outline at the same time. Here I used just the centre portion and not the outline. This was my first play with an older Lawn Fawn slider die. I probably should have made a prototype first, because I think the idea is that the SLOT stays hidden as well. But 7 year old Ethan likely won't even notice that.


When you slide the tab to the right, the Karate Riley comes into full view.


Finally, here is a look at the inside:


Supplies:
Black Olive Ink - Your Next Stamp
Karate Riley - Riley & Company
White, green and black card stocks
Cloud Stencil - Echo Park
Makeup Brushes
1006 Nature Edges - Karen Burniston
Copic markers
Lets Toast Pull Tab Add On - Lawn Fawn
Photo Booth All Smiles (You're Awesome!) - Your Next Stamp
Cloud Panel Die (fall away clouds from different project) - Your Next Stamp
Sakura black glaze pen
Black marker
222016 Alphabet, Haley - i-crafter
Rectangle Dies - Hero Arts
Arteza Glitter Pen

Card size - Standard A2, 5.5 x 4.25"

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to your grandson :) .. such a fun interactive card

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be a wonderful keepsake for Ethan's milestone award. Congrats to Ethan.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!