Tuesday 24 March 2020

'Peek A Boo' Easter Card

Hello crafty friends ...

Today I'm on the Your Next Stamp Blog sharing an Easter Card made with some of the fun March release products from Your Next Stamp!

I'm really liking the Stitched Rectangle Frame Die set, so used it again here to create the border frame on my card front. Also new, is the Affirmation Card with Peek A Boo Door die. I chose to have the hinge at the bottom, but you could easily have it at the top or turn the card and have it on the side.


Remember you can always see my interactive card videos HERE on YouTube.


The little lambs from the Life Is Sweet set are just SO cute! I added one to the front of the door, then stamped one of the greetings onto a Stitched Fishtail Banner. A few sparkly Gumdrops finished off the card ... or did it???


Look at the little stamped scene that is behind the door! What a fun surprise for someone who receives this card.



Finally, here is a peek at the inside ...



Supplies:
Life is Sweet- Your Next Stamp
Life is Sweet die set- Your Next Stamp
Birdie & Basket (inside greeting) - Your Next Stamp
Affirmation Card with Peek-a-Boo Door - Your Next Stamp
Stitched Rectangle Frame Die Set - Your Next Stamp
Wonky Scallop Border (mask for clouds) - Your Next Stamp
Stitched Fishtail Banner - Your Next Stamp
Spooky Cute Gumdrops - Your Next Stamp
Stitched Rectangle - Your Next Stamp
White and pink card stocks
Makeup brushes
Copic markers
Sakura white gel pen and black glaze pen
Patterned paper - Flower Market, Carta Bella

Card size: Standard A2, 4.25 x 5.5"

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

  1. Bright spring colours. I remember that your mom liked lambs. Did you use a fastener to keep the peek a boo door closed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betty ... The door is attached to the stitched frame in two spots, one on either side of the little notch. You have to actually pull/tear them away to open the door, which I did before photographing my card. The door does stay closed pretty good after the recipient has opened it if they wish to keep it closed, but I added just a TINY bit of ATG adhesive in one corner of the flap for my video, just so it wouldn't pop open when I was filming.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!