Sunday 1 March 2020

Pigs Can Fly St. Patrick's Day Cards

Hello crafty friends

Today, for Masculine Card Monday here on my blog, I'm sharing a pair of St. Patrick's Day cards made with the adorable new Pigs Can Fly from Your Next Stamp. It's fun to stretch your supplies and I think our Grandson's are going to get a kick out of these cards.


I think this might be my favourite image from the Pigs Can Fly set ... that chubby plane just makes me grin. I added stamped words from Irish Hello and some shamrock stickers too.



Here is the inside of the first card, with stickers from my stash.


The second card uses the fun Wave Panel die, also from Your Next Stamp.  I pulled out some green patterned paper scraps for the background, then coloured the Pigs Can Fly image with Copic markers.


I attempted to dry emboss the panel, but I have a new die cutting machine and I haven't figured out the correct sandwich for dry embossing yet. There is a hint of texture but I didn't want to play around with it anymore and possibly mess up the panel.  The Happy St. Patrick's Day was done with a white gel pen.


The shamrocks on the front are older stickers from my stash, and I stamped a bunch of the happy faces from Irish Hello on the inside panel. Then, the SMILE from the Photo Booth stamp set seems the perfect sentiment.


I hope you enjoyed seeing how you can change up your stamps for different occasions! I'll be back next week with the remaining St. Patricks Day cards for the other three Grandkids.

Supplies:
Patterned paper - Pretty Party, Crate Paper
Copic markers
Circle dies - Hero Arts
MISTI
Sakura black glaze and white gel pens
Catherine Pooler Inks
Makeup Brushes
Patterned paper - Dear Lizzy Neapolitan, American Crafts
Sketch - OWH #236
Blue & green patterned paper - Picture Perfect, Queen & Co
Stickers - stash
Shamrock stickers - old, from my stash

Card sizes, both - standard A2 (4.25 x 5.5")

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. I NEED THIS STAMP SET. It is so cute. The pigs, the sports!!!! My son would love getting a card from me, and he does NOT like crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what fun cards, those pigs look so cute flying

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!