Tuesday 4 February 2020

Double Pop Up Gift Card Holder/Birthday Card

Hello crafty friends ...

Welcome to Karen Burniston's February 2020 Designer Challenge, with the theme of "Theme: "DOUBLE" - make a card of any theme using a doubling technique. This could be a double Pivot Panel, a double Katherine, a double Surprise Ball, or any fun combination of two different pop-up dies."

I figured several of the DT would be using the Surprise Ball, so I decided to go a different route and will show you how to make a double pop up using the Cupcake Pop Up!

Here is the front of my card, with the Happy Birthday die on some older patterned paper/cut parts and stickers form my stash. I also added some fun Gumdrops, because apparently I am addicted to those things. I also went with a soft colour palette for this one!



(Remember you can always head to my YouTube channel HERE to see the video larger than they appear on Blogger).


Before I get to my card photos, I wanted to show you a quick photo of my in-progress pop up. I folded the inner card in half, with the pattern inside. Keeping this inner closed, I used removable tape to hold the Cupcake Pop Up on the fold, carefully lining up those alignment nubs with the fold line. After running it through my die cutting machine to cut through both layers at once and opening the inner card back up, this is what it looks like. The Gift Card label easily disguises the shape of the cupcake!




Below you can see the little cut-apart I adhered to the Gift Card Label, which you see when you remove the gift card. You could add a secret message or a stamped greeting etc to personalize the card even more.


I hope you will check out the rest of the Design Team - their blogs are linked on the right. Karen Burniston will have her project & blog post tomorrow (Wednesday) HERE.

Supplies:
Patterned paper, stickers & Cut apart - Date Night, Chickaniddy Crafts (old)
1019 Gift Card Label - Karen Burniston
1008 Cupcakea Pop Up - Karen Burniston
1030 Happy Birthday - Karen Burniston
1111 Cheers - Karen Burniston
Stitched Mini Scalloped Rectangle - Honey Bee Stamps
White pearl card stock
Retro & Emerald Ice Gumdrops - Your Next Stamp

Card size - 6 x 5.25", fits in an A6 envelope.


Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!