Tuesday 11 February 2020

Floral Bouquet Birthday Card Duo

Hello crafty friends ...

Today I'm sharing a pair of cards I made using up some bits and pieces from my craft room.


I picked up a box of Ombre cards & envelopes last year, but hoarded them for the longest time. And you know what happens when you hoard something? You forget you even have it. So! Time to get them out and use them.  


I had stamped this floral bouquet image twice two years ago and they were sitting in a bin. Time to use them.  The frosted heart bling was a 'thank you' gift from Queen & Company and the journal cards were another purchase from last year that I want to be sure to use more on my cards.


While I love the colours on the card bases, these are more lightweight than I like to use for my cards. I just don't like 'wussy' cards. Adding layers is a good way to beef up a card base and make it more sturdy. For these cards I used YNS's stitched scalloped rectangle with a stamped greeting.


Both cards will be donated to my Mom's old nursing home.

Supplies:
Ombre cards - Hobby Lobby
Floral bouquet stamp - Hero Arts
Journal cards - Becky Higgins, Project Life
Happy Birthday - Taylored Expressions
Stitched Fishtail and Scallop Rectangles - Queen & Company
White card stock
Corner Chomper - We R Memory Keepers
Heart bling - Queen & Company
Birthday words inside - Birthday Blowout, Poppy Stamps
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Card sizes - both, standard A2 (4.25 x 5.5")

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!