Thursday 27 February 2020

Roses & Butterflies Sympathy Pop Up Card

Hello crafty friends ...

I need to add some sympathy cards to my almost depleted stash so went poking around in my patterned paper. I came across a partial sheet of this older double sided patterned paper and managed to use it up for my card today. Here is a look at the front.


Remember you can always see the video's larger by going to my YouTube Channel HERE.  


I love butterfly imagery and these ones were perfect to use with my technique of turning Karen Burniston's Train Pivot Panel vertically and decorating the platforms.


Once I had my top butterfly placed so it didn't stick out beyond the bottom edge of the closed card, I  trimmed the top of engine area flush with the butterfly.


One more for the stash!

Supplies:
Pink, white and black card stocks
Patterned paper - Cottage Rose, Kaisercraft
1106 Train Pivot Panels - Karen Burniston
Foundation dies - Queen & Company
Butterfly dies - Lawn Fawn
Wink of Stella
Stitched Mini Scalloped Rectangle - Honey Bee
Words stamps - Sympathy2Stamp, the Stamps of Life
Catherine Pooler Inks
Nuvo Drops
Card size - Standard A2 (4.25 x 5.5")

Thanks for stopping by today

6 comments:

  1. Love the butterflies on the train Pivot Panel

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card!!!! Can it be made with other pivot panel dies or only the train? Thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi kg ... thanks for the comment! Yes, you can certainly use any of the Pivot Panel dies, but the Train one works the best because of the long 'front' edge of the engine. When you rotate it so the engine is facing up, you have a nice big platform to decorate. I have done quite a few of these, so be sure to check out the Label 'Pivot Panels' on the right side of my blog for ideas and a few tips. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of the butterflies floating above the roses. Yes, you can justify buying another paper pad...because you use them so well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!