Saturday 29 February 2020

Ice Cream Cone Shaker Card

Hello crafty friends ...

Today I'm sharing the birthday card I made for our nephew's littlest, who was turning two. I decided to use the 'Sweet Shop Shaker Kit' from Queen & Company and went through my notebook to see if there was a sketch that would work.

Not only did I find a sketch (Viva la Verve May 2018), when I was done I decided I LOVED it and will definitely use it again. I was waiting for this kit to be released as it is chock full of great treat dies ... ice cream cone, ice cream sundae, donut, popsicle and even an ice cream truck!!! While the dies are intended for shaker cards, you can use them for non shakers too. I am always looking for supplies that will work for me for a long time, I just don't have the 'once and done' kind of budget or space. So when I'm finished making shaker cards with this kit, I can use the dies again and again for the birthday cards I donate to my Mom's old nursing home each month.


The patterned paper is included in the Sweet Shop kit, and I am just crazy about the cheerful colours and prints. I'm very proud of myself for actually cutting into not just one, but 4 different sheets in the package. The kit comes with a large stamp set with lots of fun sentiments but for this card I used a YNS greeting from the Waddles Brr-thday stamp set. It works so well with the ice cream cone!

When I was finished, I realized I could have probably added more filler and will do that the next time.


Finally, here is a peek at the inside with a stamped YNS birthday verse and a stapled fishtail flag, which is something I'm doing a lot these days.



Supplies:
Sweet Shop Shaker Kit - Queen & Company, unless specified below
Kraft, green pink and white card stocks
Makeup brushes
Sweet Shop Outline dies - Queen & Company
Additional filler from my stash
Stitched circle dies - MFT Stamps
Sketch - Viva La Verve, May 2018
Cool Birthday - Waddles -  Happy Brr-thday, Your Next Stamp
Catherine Pooler Inks
Stitched Scalloped Rectangle die set - Your Next Stamp
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Whatnot Sentiments 12 - Your Next Stamp
Mini Stapler - Tim Holtz

Card size: Standard A2 (4.25 x 5.5")

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!