Friday 14 February 2020

Oyster Shell Pop Up Valentine Card

Hello crafty friends ...

I really haven't purchased many craft supplies the past year, instead preferring to use what I have. My craft room is only so big and I'm running out of space to store new goodies. But every so often I see something that makes my heart go pitter patter and this Oyster Shell Card with Pop Up by Joset at Elizabeth Craft Designs was one of those 'oooooooooh' items. Right into my shopping cart, ha ha. Along with her new mermaid and sand crab and the parrot that had been on my Wish List for MONTHS.

I wanted to play with the seashell card base right away, so I made a Valentine card to put away for Olivia for next year.


The video's on Blogger are quite small so if you would like to see them larger, click HERE for my YouTube channel.


The lines on the shell deboss when you die cut the card base, but to make them stand out a little more I went over them with a clear glaze pen. Karen Burniston's Happy Valentine's Day was die cut from a pretty white pearl card stock and I added Nuvo Drops for additional shine.


I didn't use my new mermaid though, instead pulling out the fun Mermaid Tail die from Taylored Expressions.



I've had this patterned paper for several years and it's always fun to pull out and use again. I used a label maker for the words, since I didn't have that stamp and this is what I wanted the card to say.


Supplies:
Patterned paper - Prima
Oyster Shell Card with Pop Up - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Catherine Pooler Inks
Sakura white gel and clear glaze pens
White pearl card stock
Mermaid tail dies - Be A Mermaid, Taylored Expressions
Heart dies - Hero Arts
Seaweed die - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Brother labeller
Seashell dies  - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Stitched Fishtail Banner - MFT Stamps
1083 Word Set 9, Love - Karen Burniston
1114 Happy Valentine's Day - Karen Burniston
Spectrum Noir Glitter Pen
Nuvo Drops

Card size: 4.75 x 5.25"

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!