Saturday 22 February 2020

Monster Kraft Gift Card Holders

Hello crafty friends ...

It's Fun Fold Friday here on my blog, and I have a pair of little gift card holders to share today.

I have been using a lot of kraft card stock for the past 6 months or so, and discovered I had lots of leftover pieces that were too small for regular card bases but too big to go in the scrap bin. So that is what started my cards today. I decided to make a pair of simple Gift Card Holders, using these fun monster stamps from Your Next Stamp and the Pop up Wiper Insert from i-crafter.


 The videos are quite small on Blogger, so if you'd like to see it larger, please check out my YouTube channel HERE.



I think they turned out so cute, with the little peeking monsters appearing as the card opens.


Now these cards are simple, but they were a little tricky. It's hard to position anything on the wiper arm when the card is this narrow ... but with trial and error, it can be done. I used acetate for the wiper arms, and scotch tape to adhere the monsters down until I was happy with their placement.


NOTE:  Be careful not to put adhesive on the bottom slot when you are adhering the wiper insert together. Otherwise you can't slide the Gift Card under it! I have yet to see the packaging for the Wiper Insert, so I'm not sure if there are directions for assembly on the package or not. But if you need help assembling, Lynda has a tutorial on i-crafter HERE:


Supplies:
222011 Pop Up Wiper Insert - i-crafter, Lynda Kanase
Kraft and white card stocks
Buffalo plaid patterned paper - Carta Bella
Stitched square die set - Your Next Stamp
Sakura black glaze and white gel pen
Copic markers
Chameleon Markers and Color Tops
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Silly Trash Monsters stamp set - Your Next Stamp
Acetate scraps and scotch tape
Silly Monsters stamp set - Your Next Stamp
Silly Monsters die set - Your Next Stamp
Word Bubble - Riley & Company
Peel Off Border Stickers - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Carrot Cake Gumdrops - Your Next Stamp

Card size - 3-5/8 x 4" (closed)

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

  1. OMGoodness, how adorable are these gift card holders!!! Just got my icrafter wiper dies in the mail yesterday and can't wait to play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute, love the monster peeking out on the inside :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking gift cards! I'm loving those monsters and the wiper action . Super!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!