Tuesday 2 July 2024

Butterflies & Daisy's Birthday Card


My first card share for July is a 5x7" Birthday card. I checked out the July '24 Sheetload of cards last night and it's for 5x7" cards as well and I can't wait to get started on it. I gave lots of my hand made cards to family & friends in the fall, so now I can start to build up my stash again which is where this card is headed. 

The patterned paper pad is one I got back in February - which is the last time I bought anything new for my craft room - and I specifically chose the papers because of the daisy prints. I have those daisy punches from Stampin' Up and I thought the two would work well together. Ha - then I didn't use the punches on this card!

I was surprised to find several pages of printed panels in the package as well - such as the front panel on the card. I trimmed it down and matted it with yellow, and then fussy cut the two fishtail banners that were also on the sheet. Those got mounted inside the card and there is one more piece leftover for another card another day.

The 'love & best wishes' was already printed in the centre, so I added the 'on your special day' with foam tape. That is on a sheet leftover from Paper Roses' Bee Happy cardmaking kit and the colours worked well. The flower centres on the floral circle are raised, shiny with a little sparkle but of course that doesn't show up in the photos. I used Pops of Color for that. 


Supplies used:
Patterned paper & Coordinating solids - Dancing Daisies, the Paper Boutique
Little Etched Butterflies - Paper Rose
Gold foil card stock
Pops of Color - Scrapbook .com
Narrow gold foil tape - Amazon .ca
Inside - the Inside Scoop Birthday, Taylored Expressions
5x7" Card base & envelope


1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!