Thursday 4 July 2024

July 2024 Sheetload of Cards - Camping Themed

Today I'm sharing my first card batch made with the July 2024 Sheetload of Cards. I can always tell when it's going to be one of my favourite Sheetloads, when I'm ready to start another right away. For this month, I spied a butterfly print 12x12" sheet and immediately cut it down to make 'half' a Sheetload, or 4 cards. I didn't even get started assembling those ones when my head thought how great this one would be for masculine cards. 

I pulled out this older paper package by Echo Park and cut the pieces. I am going to keep a couple in my stash and the others will be donated to my Mom's old nursing home. On the first four cards I used the reverse of the arrow print for the strips, since the paper is double sided. 

The tree is an old punch from my stash and I added some ink blending with a water brush then an alcohol marker.

Below is a peek at the inside where I added a strip of patterned paper from a scrap in the package, and a stamped sentiment. I also punched a tree from a scrap of white cardstock and used it as a stencil with blending brushes & ink to add a tree inside.


When I was finished these, I went through some older paper pads and pulled out another two sheets which I have now started on. 😊  When I'm done with those eight cards, I'll finally assemble the four butterfly paper cards! I plan on using gold foil paper with those to dress them up ... and possibly a pop up inside one or two of them. 

I usually have a video walkthrough of my Sheetload cards, but since I don't have anything else to share for the next couple of days, I wanted to get the photographs taken and watermarked instead of waiting for a quiet time to take a video. I'll try to do one when I do the butterfly cards! 


Supplies used:
Patterned paper - Happy Camper, Echo Park
Happy Birthday words - Happy Birthday Many Ways, Catherine Pooler
Stitched circle dies - MFT Stamps
Tree punch - EK Success (old!)
Catherine Pooler coloured inks
Water Brush
Inside - Essential Birthday Sentiments, LDRS
Blending brushes
Alcohol markers

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!