Wednesday 17 July 2024

'Sweet Friend' Slimline Diamond Z-Fold Card


I have a couple of friends dealing with health issues, so I've been making cards to send for Happy Mail. This is one of them ... a Slimline Diamond Z-Fold Card. I made a number of this type of card back in 2022 in a 5x7" size. I loved making them, so I also came up with the measurements and a tutorial for making this Slimline size. You can find that tutorial HERE, and the measurements are at the end of my post.


I usually have a Wish List for Stampin' Up items but rarely order everything on that list. Sometimes I wait and wait and by the time I decide I'd really like/use a set, it's either discontinued or out of stock or .....     So I keep an eye on a Facebook group for Canadian's selling retired SU products. This Honey Bee Bundle is one of those sets - it had been retired for a while before it popped up on that group and I claimed it right away. I've had it for over a year now, and it's one of those sets I get a lot of use out of. 


The stamped & die cut bees were coloured with alcohol markers and I added Wink of Stella glimmer paint to their wings. On the inner diamond, there is the honeycomb die cut as well as a small sentiment (from a different set). I will sign on the blank white diamond when I go to send the card.


While I prefer a Slimline card to measure 3.5 x 8.5", this one is a full 4 x 8.5" to give me room to make the diamonds this size. It fits perfectly in a #10 business envelope for mailing, and this one will mail for a single stamp!


Measurements for Diamond Z-Fold Slimline Card by Karen Aicken 

Card base - 8 x 8.5". With the 8" side at the top, score at 2" and 4". The 4" scoreline is the center, so fold your card in half along that scoreline. Then fold the front right flap back to the outside along the 2" scoreline.

Patterned paper - TWO 1.75 x 8.25" pieces and ONE 3.75 x 8.25" piece. I don't always use the two smaller ones, often just adding one to the front and leaving the inside one undecorated. It's entirely up to you.

Diamonds - TWO 2.75" squares and ONE 2-1/2" square

Patterned paper (BE MINDFUL OF THE PATTERNED PAPER IF IT HAS A DIRECTIONAL PATTERN) TWO 2.5" squares and ONE 2.25" square.

Signing block - 2.25" cardstock square with a 2" square of white or light cardstock of your choice.

Pop Up strip - 4 x 3". With the 4" side at the top, score at 1, 2 & 3"
Assemble as shown in the video.


Supplies used:
Patterned paper - Bee Happy, Echo Parl
Honey Bee Bundle - Stampin' Up
Catherine Pooler coloured inks
Alcohol markers
Tasteful Label dies - Stampin' Up
1-1/2" square die - Hero Arts
Inside sentiment - Hand Delivered, Stampin' Up
Nesting circles - Hero Arts
Blending sponges
Wink of Stella


1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!