Tuesday 23 July 2024

Mini Slimline Snowflake Tri-Shutter Card

I plan on making at least one holiday card each month, & this is the one I made for July. Here in Southern Alberta we are in a heat wave ... and my craft room is the warmest room in the house. Obviously I'm not getting a lot done in there these days! We don't have AC so when it gets to be over 30ºC (86ºƒ) the house can get a little uncomfortable. I am happy to sit outside on our back deck, where there is enough shade and a bit of a breeze to cut the heat but I don't haul a bunch of crafting stuff out there to work on.  Having RA and limited mobility - that is waaaaaay too many steps to bring it out and then back in to put away. I'd rather sit and listen to a podcast or audio book. It's also why I didn't do a full video for this card --- it's just too hot!


I wanted to make a fun fold card, so pulled out this Mini Slimline Tri-Shutter die set by Divinity Designs. The card base die can fit through a regular die cutting machine and you don't even need extended pads if you use removable tape. Just run it through on one end, turn the die/cardstock around and run it through the rest of the way. However, I do have a Big Shot Plus that I can use for larger dies like this. If I'm going to cut one using the big machine though, I usually cut a couple more and add the die cut bases in with the die set to use the next time. 

I've had this silver foiled snowflake paper (12 x 12') for a couple of years but realized after I die cut the layers and added them to the white card base, that I covered up the sticker on the back so I have no idea who makes it!

After I finished the stamping and the card was 'finished', I had a look through my small snowflake dies to add a few extra as embellishments. But you know what? I decided that I liked it just the way it was. 😊  One more card for my holiday stash.


Note, the measurements for the matted rectangle inside the card are:  3 x 2.75", and 2.75 x 2.5"

Supplies used:
Mini Slimline Tri Shutter Die Set (with Layers) - Divinity Designs
Patterned paper - unknown
Rainbow Holographic cardstock - Recollections
Snowflake die - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Catherine Pooler coloured inks
Front sentiment - Snowflake Season, Penny Black
Inside Sentiment - Christmas Classics, Stampin' Up


2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!