Wednesday 10 July 2024

July Sheetload of Cards - Floral Themed


Today I'm doing something I haven't done here on my blog before - sharing incomplete cards. I am loving this month's Sheetload of Cards, and this is the second set. But they are taking me a lot longer to complete than the camping themed ones I shared last week. The floral cluster was die cut from gold paper that had double sided adhesive on the back. It took me longer to weed out the little bits inside the outline than it did to cut and assemble all the patterned papers! 

But those clusters are really pretty, and just what I wanted for the card fronts. I will decide on sentiments etc as I make the cards, and will hopefully have one or two finished off to share later this week. I tried the first floral cluster on white card stock and didn't really like it until I inked the edges. Then I tried it on a purple slightly patterned paper from the same package and wasn't crazy about that so it's a one-of. Then I tried it on a scrap of yellow cardstock I had on my desk and I really liked that, so six of the cards have the yellow which I also liked better once the edges were inked. 


I stayed true to the sketch, except that I added narrow gold foil tape in between the two paper strips and added a full circle instead of the semi-circle on the sketch. The stitched/scalloped circles on my cards were cut from vellum for a light, airy feel that doesn't detract from the floral element. The gold is hard to pick up in photos, but it's so nice and shiny! As is the pearl bits on the yellow patterned paper.


Supplies used:
Patterned paper - Brianna, K & Company (old, from my stash)
Narrow gold foil tape - Amazon .ca
Gold foil paper - Recollections
Floral cluster die - Hand Penned, Stampin' Up
Stardust glitter pen - Sakura
Catherine Pooler coloured inks
Blending sponges - Tim Holtz
Stitched Scalloped circle nesting dies - Tutti Designs
5x7" card bases & envelopes - Ohuhu (Amazon .ca)
Vellum - Stampin' Up

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!