Friday 12 July 2024

Pop Up Birthday Card w/ July's Sheetload of Cards

Welcome to Fun Fold Friday here on my blog!  I finished off another one of the July Sheetload of Cards - this time it's a fancy-dancy pop-up Birthday Card. 😊

I added a foiled sentiment strip to the front. I haven't used my glimmer machine in months - it's REALLY difficult to remove the hot tray from the base so I tend not to want to use it. I actually wrenched my shoulder one time using it and was in pain for a few days. However, I did do a batch of foiling the last time I had it out and this sentiment is from the little bin of foiled words I have. 


Inside I used Karen Burniston's Little Labels Pop Up - and added it to a simple box pop up to raise it up a bit inside the card. This is totally Karen B's idea - I think she taught in in a class last year and I have wanted to try it ever since. I tried to find the link for you but I have no idea where I ended up finding it when I was ready to make this card.

I added more of the patterned paper inside the card, and realized that the Washi Tape Balloons from Pinkfresh Studios matched the patterned paper AND the theme of the card. The entire roll of Washi Tape had been adhered to white card stock last year so I simply fussy cut the ones I wanted to use. I added another foiled sentiment, and a washi tape flower from a different PFS roll. Oh, and I added a stitched, scalloped circle to the centre label of the Little Labels Pop Up for a different look.


The final sentiment was stamped on one of the Labels Crosshatch and I added it inside the card, trimming off the bottom edge. 


If you are curious about the pop up box, I used a strip of patterned paper that measured 6.75 x 3".  It was scored at .5", 1.5" and 2.5" then adhered inside the card. When it was dry I added the Little Labels Pop Up on top of it. Definitely a technique I will use again, since I love this die set with a 5x7" card.

I will keep working on finishing off this second Sheetload of cards and sharing them as I do.


Supplies used:
Patterned paper - Brianna, K & Company (old, from my stash)
Narrow gold foil tape - Amazon .ca
Gold foil paper - Recollections
Floral cluster die - Hand Penned, Stampin' Up
Little Labels Pop Up - Karen Burniston
Labels Crosshatch - Karen Burnistson
Balloon Washi Tape - Pinkfresh Studios
Floral Washi Tape - Pinkfresh Studio's
Foiled sentiments - my stash
Glimmer Foil machine - Spellbinders
Birthday Wishes - Honey Bee
Alcohol Markers
Stardust glitter pen - Sakura
Catherine Pooler coloured inks
Blending sponges - Tim Holtz
Stitched Scalloped circle nesting dies - Tutti Designs
5x7" card bases & envelopes - Ohuhu (Amazon .ca)
Vellum - Stampin' Up

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!