Monday 8 July 2024

Moose Birthday Card



Welcome to Masculine Card Monday here on my blog. There were some strips leftover from the Canada Day card duo I shared last month (see those HERE) and I wanted to use them up. I could have put them back in the paper package to use another day, but I was inspired to create a masculine birthday card instead.

The matted woodgrain strip hides the join of the two plaid maple leaf pieces, and I added a punched moose on a punched label. Both were popped up with foam tape. Using torn paper and a blending sponge, I added the ground line on the label (BEFORE adding the punched moose) and then did the same on the inside panel. 

Since the card base isn't really heavy, and there are layers on the front - the card didn't feel balanced inside until I added that white panel. This is something I usually do and often forget to mention. 



Supplies used:
Patterned paper - Moose Crossing, Catherine Pooler
Label punch - Stampin Up
Moose punch - Stampin' Up
Blending sponge - Tim Holtz
Catherine Pooler coloured inks
Happy Birthday - Happy Cat, Your Next Stamp
Inside - Birthday Blowout, Poppy Stamps

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!