Thursday 25 July 2024

Rainbow Chihuahua Pop-Up Birthday Card


I wanted to play with some bright & happy colours, so pulled out another one of those rainbow dog panels and made a pop-up birthday card for my stash.


If you would like to learn more about these rainbow dog note cards, I did a YouTube video HERE a few months ago. This panel was from one of the note cards, which I cut down & matted it with black cardstock. I added it to a card base after covering the front of the base with rainbow patterned paper. I wanted to add a little somethin' something so Nuvo Drops made the nose raised and shiny.


Inside I used Karen Burniston's Lorna Label Pop Up. This was a re-release of one of my favourite dies from when she was with a different company. Back then the die 'cut into' the inner card but now it's a 'glue in' which is much more versatile. Ironically, this is a top folding A2 card which is what worked best with the old die set. 

I pulled out KB's Baking Borders and die cut the bases from a scrap of the rainbow paper and the tops from rainbow holographic cardstock. As I said in the original video, the note cards came with coordinating envelope seals which I usually save for the envelopes. For this card though, I added the seal to one of the decorator dies that comes with the Lorna Label die set so I could use it inside the card. 

Since I'd trimmed the cupcake border to fit on the bump out, I had a small strip leftover. I trimmed away two of the cupcakes and added one to the sentiment panel and saved one to decorate the front. As usual, I finished off the inside of the card before going back to complete the front.



Supplies used:
Rainbow dog notecard - amazon. ca
Patterned paper - JJ's Rainbows, Waffle Flower
Lorna Label Pop Up - Karen Burniston
Baking Borders - Karen Burniston
Squares Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Happy Birthday & celebrate - It's Your Day, MFT Stamps
Sentiment - Inside Out Birthday, Catherine Pooler
Rainbow Holographic cardstock - Recollections
Nuvo Glaze

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!