Friday 5 July 2024

'Game On' Birthday Card

Welcome to Fun Fold Friday here on my blog! 

I had bought the Z Fold With Layers die set (Divinity Designs) as soon as it came out several years ago, and love to get it out. While it's probably easy enough to create this type of card BASE without the dies - this one comes with the layering dies so all the patterned paper pieces fit perfectly. No math or measuring required and that makes it fairly quick and easy to put a finished card together.

The only thing I am not crazy about is the name ... while it IS technically a Z Fold card, it's very distinctive with that Diagonal cut line, so I always refer to it as a Diagonal Z Fold, or Diagonal Trifold card. 😊



Our grandson has a birthday coming up and since he is getting older, 'cute' images aren't really appropriate for him right now. I mean - he is taller than I am! I got this Game Controller die last year knowing it would work for 'boy' birthday cards, so I pulled it out for his card. Then I flipped through a 'boy' themed 6x6" paper pad and saw the game controller print in it. Woo hoo!


There is just enough room for hubby and I to sign our names on the inner circle piece. Oh, and the sentiment is one of the leftover sentiment strips from Paper Roses' BEE HAPPY cardmaking kit. There are a lot of them left - they were very generous with the sentiments in the kit.


When my card was done, I got flipping through the remaining sheets & scraps in the (old) pad and decided it wouldn't take much to actually use it up! So I have been busy making birthday cards to share in the coming weeks. (And I did finish off that paper pad, since there were only a few sheets left 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻)

Supplies used:
A-2, Z-Fold With Layers die set - Divinity Designs
Patterned paper - Boy Oh Boy, Carta Bella (6x6") - OLD!
Game controller die - Marianne Designs
Pops of Color - Scrapbook .com
Stardust Glitter Pen - Sakura
Stitched circle die - MFT Stamps
Happy Birthday strip - Bee Happy Cardmaking Kit, Paper Rose
Catherine Pooler coloured inks
Water brush
Inside - Everybody Say Happy, Catherine Pooler

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!