Thursday 11 July 2024

Sympathy Card w/ July's Sheetload of Cards


Today I'm sharing the first finished card from the July Sheetload of Cards that I shared yesterday. I will be finishing them off one by one, until I have eight completed cards for my stash. I thought the purple background to the gold floral cluster leaned itself well to a sympathy card and since I always like to have some of those on hand that is what I made.


I added a couple of butterflies punched from gold foil paper and matted the stamped sentiment on a gold foil paper scrap. Finally, a few glitter dots to finish it off. 


I don't usually do pop-ups inside a sympathy card but I do like to finish off the inside. So, using a different paper piece from the pad I cut a 4x6" piece. This mimics the 1/2" border all around the front panel. Another scalloped circle, this time from white cardstock and I stamped the sentiment with a plum ink. Then I added a pair of punched butterflies and my card was done.


I especially like the 5x7" size for sympathy cards.



Supplies used:
Patterned paper - Brianna, K & Company (old, from my stash)
Narrow gold foil tape - Amazon .ca
Gold foil paper - Recollections
Floral cluster die - Hand Penned Petals Bundle, Stampin' Up
Butterfly punch - Martha Stewart (old, from my stash)
Glitter Dot stickers - Ecstasy Crafts
Here for you - Waffle Flower
Inside Out Sympathy - Catherine Pooler
Stardust glitter pen - Sakura
Catherine Pooler coloured inks
Blending sponges - Tim Holtz
Stitched Scalloped circle nesting dies - Tutti Designs
5x7" card bases & envelopes - Ohuhu (Amazon .ca)
Vellum - Stampin' Up

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!