Friday 28 June 2024

Holiday Slimline Wiper Card Duo


Welcome to Fun Fold Friday here on my blog!  I have two more holiday cards to add to my bin for Christmas 2024 - these ones are Slimline sized Wiper Cards and I have a walkthrough of these on YouTube


I used Slimline sized patterned paper along with a Wiper Card die set made for a 5x7" card - I love getting more uses out of my dies.  I also used the 'Above It All' stamp/die bundle that I got from Stampin' Up last year. Since we live in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, I knew I could use this die set year round. You can take the gondola up to the top of Tunnel Mountain in Banff in the Spring & Summer for some spectacular views. Also in summer you can also take a gondola up Sunshine Mountain to hike around on top of the ski hill to see all the beautiful wildflowers.

In the photo above, you can see the card fronts and the piece that comes out when you pull on the sides. In the photo below you can see the back sides of both cards when they are closed. Yes, even though the papers are exactly the same the position of the prints are slightly different - I explain that in my video. Hint - I have a REALLY hard time making Wiper Cards - they just don't make sense in my brain. Ha.


Finally, the lower photo shows the back of the card in the open position.



Note - I lined up the die onto the right side of the papers and held it in place with removable tape before die cutting (I showed this in the video). Also, I trimmed about 1/4" from the top of the wiper piece and rounded the corners so it fit inside the card a little better. Since the card size is smaller than the 5x7" that the die was designed for I needed to make that adjustment. That part was easy peasy! 


Supplies used: 
Patterned paper - Slimline paper pack, Frozen - Whimsy Stamps
5x7" Rectangle Wiper Card die set - Sam Calcott, Made To Surprise/Mixed Up Crafts
Corner rounder
Push here - Lawn Fawn
Labels Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Catherine Pooler coloured inks
Above it All stamps & dies - Stampin' Up
Silver Snowflake peel off stickers


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!