Wednesday 13 September 2017

Pop-Up Thanksgiving Cards

Good morning friends

I have mentioned my 'In Progress Bin' before, and I'm making an effort to pull things out of there and get them finished. These cards came from that bin - the stamped and die cut labels were done at least 5 years ago. I think I must have tried to finish them about 3 years ago because there were also Pop 'n Cut bases, patterned paper cut to size and scalloped borders included in the envelope. This time around though, I got them FINISHED and ready to send out for Thanksgiving this year.



I used my MISTI to stamp the labels for the cards, so there were no messed up circles with patchy stamping. This first card got one of Karen Burniston's little squirrels on the stamped circle and I added some die cut acorns as well.



The next three cards are very similar to the card above, with different colours of patterned paper etc.


I have had this stamp for many years - and I still just love it. I believe I had just received some Copic Markers when I coloured these ones. The three cards are identical.



The leaves were die cut from brown, then I added some veins with a Copic marker and additional colour with Distress Oxide inks.




That is 4 completed cards done in a very short time, thanks to that bin. I am doing much better about not adding to it so the pile doesn't keep getting bigger. It's quite full enough!

Supplies:
Cornucopia stamp - Stampendous
Copic markers
Spellbinders Label die
Scalloped border die - MFT Stamps
Patterned paper - ?
A2 Pop 'n Cut base with Wavy Label Insert - Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
Stitched circle - MFT Stamps
White, cream, brown, coral and kraft card stocks
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Stamp inside - Echo Park
1011 Katherine Label Pop-Up (labels) - Karen Burniston
Leaves - MFT Stamps
Distress Oxide Inks
1011 Woodland Animals - Karen Burniston
Sharpie Markers

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. wonderful card for autum or Thanksgiving

    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, love the squirrel sitting on the inside

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!