Tuesday 12 September 2017

Iridescent Bat Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends

It's time once again for the Paper Pro's challenge - this month Karen Burniston issues the challenge - HALLOWEEN. 


The bats are from old Halloween garland. It was falling apart but I knew I could recycle those mylar bats! I decided to create a coordinating background using Colorbursts and Magical Shakers. Then I spattered it with gold and white acrylic paints. The front has the fence from Karen Burniston's new House & Fence Pop-Up which is such a cute size. For the bat on the front, I added black Nuvo Crystal Drops and a Witches Hat from the Halloween Elements.


Inside I made a Pop-Up using a bunch of Karen Burniston dies. The pop-up is made with the (retired) Lorna Label Pop-Up, and I added another shimmery bat this time with wiggly eyes.


Check out those creepy hands (also in the Halloween Elements). They are so fun to use! They don't have a cut line at the 'wrists' so you could actually make the arms as long as you want. Here I cut them out of green card stock and added some chalks to up the creepy factor.


Yup - purple bats and a green spider. :-) Just because.


I absolutely love using the BOO! that comes with the Halloween Elements. It cuts in one piece so it's easy peasy to adhere. You will see it used lots on my Halloween cards this year.


Finally a side view so you can see the pop-up a little better.


This is a casual challenge, with a varying number of participants each month. This month we have:


Supplies:
Irridiscent bats - from an old Halloween garland
Printed patterned paper - Recollections
Color Burst - Ken Oliver
Magical Shakers - Lindy's Stamp Gang
Gold and white acrylic paints
Fun foam
Wonky Stitched Rectangle dies - MFT Stamps
Wiggly eyes
Lorna Label Pop-Up, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
90# water colour paper
Black and cream card stocks
Sakura Black Glaze Pen
Wink of Stella
Chalks - Stampin' Up
Nuvo Crystal Drops

Thanks for stopping by today

SaveSave

5 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!