Saturday 2 September 2017

C4C401 Celebrate by the Ocean Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends

It's Saturday so that means a new challenge at the Crazy 4 Challenges Blog. Since it's also a new month, we have a new hostess - Rebecca Ednie. Our Guest Designer for September is Teresa Kline and you can see Teresa's blog HERE


This is Rebecca's challenge this week: "I can't let go of summer. Let's make a card or other project using the ocean or beach as inspiration. Shells to sea horses, boats to bat-wing rays, mermaids to minnows, whales to walruses, dolphins to dories (or Dorys), even nautical narwhals; it all works!"

I had so much fun making this card. I didn't start out with a plan but I knew I wanted to use my new Stampin' Up set (Beautiful You). It was a set I resisted for a LONG time, but it just kept calling to me and I gave in and ordered it.

I made a beachy scene for the front ...



... and a Pop-Up on the inside.



I used Ken Oliver's Color Burst for the watery backgrounds, and painted the ladies with Zig Clean Colour Markers and a water brush. The Pop-Up was created with Karen Burniston's Cupcake Pop-Up! Karen Burniston's dies are very versatile and can be used in many different ways - not just the way they were intended.





Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C401.

Supplies:
Wavy Background Die - MFT Stamps
Tan, blues, white and Kraft card stocks
Adirondack Chair die - Impression Obsession
Bristol Smooth card stock
Zig Clean Colour Markers
Color Burst - Ken Oliver
Beautiful You Stamps - Stampin' Up
Stitched Fishtail Banner dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Stitched Circle die - MFT Stamps
Copic markers
Swirly Scribbles dies - Stampin' Up
Gull dies - Impression Obsession
Happy Birthday stamp - Stampin' Up

Card size - 5-1/2 x 4-1/2"

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

  1. Love how you used the cupcake pop up for this

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card ,Karen!!! I love the beach!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! This card is so wonderful!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!