Thursday 21 June 2018

Unicorn Shaker Birthday Card

Good morning friends

Today's card share is the birthday card I made for my Mom to give our Granddaughter for her birthday. I knew I wanted to make a shaker card and the Pink and Main Planner Peekers stamp set has this fun unicorn in it.

I was so worried about keeping the sequins contained as I adhered the stamped backing piece,  I didn't realize the backing piece wasn't straight. Grrrrr. I thought about tearing it all apart and starting again but realized that a 7 year old wouldn't notice or care if it was perfectly lined up. And I was right! I watched her carefully when my Mom gave her the card, and her eyes lit up when she saw it was a unicorn and sat there shaking the card with a big smile on her face.


I added some gold flakes with the sequins inside the shaker cup, and used gold glittered fun foam to cut the little fishtail banners and the letters for her name. To make the fun foam, I adhered gold glitter paper to self-adhesive fun foam then did my die cutting. I like all the dimension it gives a card - and this one was being delivered by hand so I didn't worry about bulk.



A peek at the inside ...




Supplies:
Blueprints #31 - MFT Stamps
Shaker pouch - MFT Stamps
Patterned paper and card stock - We R Memory Keepers
Unicorn Peeker stamp- Pink & Main
Sequins
Marvy LePlume Markers
Gold Glitter Flakes - Stampin' Up
White sakura gel pen
Gold glitter paper - the Stamps of Life
Alpha dies - Lawn Fawn
Corner chomper - We R Memory Keepers
Artline Stix markers
Nuvo Crystal Drops

Thanks for stopping by today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!