Tuesday 26 June 2018

Birthday Card Group for Girls

Good morning friends

Hold onto your hats, I have a ton of photos to share today. Because I made these cards from similar papers etc, I decided to lump them into one giant blot post rather than spread them out. These were the 'girl cards' I included in the big set of Birthday Cards I gave to each of our daughters for Mother's Day. Note, I only photographed one but I did make two of each design.

I started the cards with pre-printed A2 size cards I picked up at Michaels last year for a screaming deal. I love the pretty colours and all the sparkle on them, and the cards are printed on the front and the back. So the first thing I did was cut them apart at the fold and then make standard A2 sized cards from coloured card stock. Because I cut the patterned cards into two, I was able to make 12 cards decorated inside and out using the patterned card backs for embellishments & layers!

Below are all six of the different cards photographed together. They turned out so pretty - I am happy with them, and our daughters loved them.


For the first card, I cut the words from one of the patterned cards and added them with other bits and pieces including sequins. I kept every little scrap and off-cut as I was working and found all kinds of creative ways to use the bits & pieces ... like the stitched clouds that were cut from tiny scraps..







Here is the inside ... the large cloud was the cutaway piece from the card with the cloud shaped shaker.




Here is card number two and it had lots of gold glittered bits on it. I simply cut the panel with a stitched rectangle die, added some sequins and Bakers Twine then adhered it to the card front with fun foam.







I have had these cute stamps for several years and it was fun to get them out again for card number 3. This card features several of the patterned cards cut with a Blueprints die set and layered back together.







I made a little shaker at the top of this fourth card, and decorated it with a little cupcake from Karen Burniston's Birthday Charm die set.






Using a MISTI makes stamping a multi coloured easy peasy. The stamp below is a single stamp!



I waited SO LONG for this Happy Birthday Circle die to be in stock. Every time I went to place an order it was out of stock, so when I finally saw it was available again I was pretty happy. I have big plans for this one, and the first thing I wanted to do was create a shaker with one of the circle shaker pouches from MFT Stamps. This is card number five...







I am really enjoying making shaker cards these days, and MFT Stamps Cloud shaker set is going to be a lot of fun to play with. For my final card I also added a cute stamped unicorn.









After making all these cards (twelve in total) I only have a few tiny bits of patterned card leftover, and one that is a little larger and polka dotted. They will be perfect to use for  cupcake icing dies so I'm hanging onto them. 

Whew - thanks for hanging in there with me!

Supplies:
A2 patterned cards - Michaels (cut apart)
Blueprints #24 - MFT Stamps
Cloud Shaker Window & Frame dies - MFT Stamps
Cloud shaker pouches - MFT Stamps
Happy Birthday Circle Frame - MFT Stamps
Circle shaker pouches - MFT Stamps
Fun foam
Stitched fishtail banner dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Black fine point marker
Nuvo Crystal Drops
Enamel heart stickers - Doodlebug Designs
Pink, blue and white card stocks
Sequins and glitter for filler
Unicorn stamp - C.C. Designs
Copic markers
Stickles
Bakers Twine
Glossy Accents
Sequins & gold flakes
Gold embossing powder
Eat cake today stamp - Waffle Flower
Transparency
Spectrum Noir Glitter Pen
Happy Birthday - MFT Stamps
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Words - MFT Stamps
Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. lots of fun cards today, love all the shaker elements

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!