Saturday 30 June 2018

C4C441 Eclipse Technique Thank You Card

Good morning friends

It's Saturday and that means a new challenge on the Crazy4Challenges Blog.  Frances Byrne is our hostess for June, and our Guest Designer is Karen Nofziger of Craftily Yours.

Frances' challenge this week is: "I love the look of inlaid die cutting using alphabet or word dies over a design on a card which is becoming popularly known as the Eclipse Technique."


As usual, I did my own thing for the challenge. Since I'm working on a set of Thank You cards for my daughter's birthday, I decided to use the inlaid die cutting technique with a shape instead of an alphabet or word. Karen Burniston's new Crosshatch Circle die set worked perfectly, and I got to use an older sheet of patterned paper from my stash as well.


I didn't' Google' the technique, just played with cutting nested circles then layering some with foam tape. I'm happy with the subtle dimension on the card - I think it's a unique look.



I had an idea for the inside that didn't work, so instead I adhered the butterfly piece to the inside left of the card. No mistakes in card making, right?  Ha! 



Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C441.

Supplies:
Stickles
Black, pink and white card stocks
Bakers Twine
Patterned paper - DCWV

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!