Wednesday 13 June 2018

Floral Spray Thank You Cards

Good morning friends

I have a pair of Thank You cards to share today. This first card was totally inspired by a stamp in the May 2018 release at Pink & Main, and that particular stamp set is now on my Pink and Main wish list. Meanwhile, I thought I'd try the idea with one of the P&M stamps I already own and was very happy with how well it worked out.

This is a fall stamp set, but if you colour it with bright colours it's easily swapped for Spring and Summer! I was drawn to the whimsical flowers and fall sentiments so I know this set will get a lot of use.


For my first card today I stamped, die cut and coloured the floral spray then sliced it in half horizontally. I adhered just the very edge above and below a white stitched fishtail banner with an MFT stamped sentiment. The piece was then adhered to a blue stitched fishtail banner and I continued on with making the rest of the card.


Inside, I stamped the same image in a coordinating colour and there is lots of room below the floral spray to write a note.


I used a heavyweight card stock for the card base, which always feels nice and substantial when you hold it.

Since I had the stamp set out anyhow, and it comes with two floral sprays - I decided to make a second thank you card in bright summery colours. I stamped the floral image twice, then fussy cut some of the centre flowers and popped them up with foam tape. The fun circle background die is by Your Next Stamp and the gratitude stamp comes in the Pink and Main bouquet set.


I backed the top half of the Circle Panel die with orange card stock, and the bottom half with green then added some white gel pen highlights to the openings and the stamped bouquet.


Below is a photo of both cards together.



Supplies:
Floral Bouquet stamps and dies - Pink and Main
Stitched Fishtail Banner dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
1056 Rectangles, Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Circle Panel die - Your Next Stamp
White, orange, green and blue card stocks
Derwent water colour pencils
Water brush
Nuvo Crystal Drops
Words on front - MFT Stamps
Patterned paper - My Minds Eye
Bakers Twine
White gel pen - Sakura


Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!