Saturday 9 June 2018

C4C438 - Boys Birthday Card

Good morning friends

It's Saturday and that means a new challenge on the Crazy4Challenges Blog.  Frances Byrne is our hostess for June, and our Guest Designer is Karen Nofziger of Craftily Yours.

France's challenge this week is "
Masculine Cards – Father’s Day is coming up in the Northern Hemisphere, so this week let’s make male cards. It does not have to be a Father’s Day card".


For my challenge card, I decided to use a cute set of Waffle Flower stamps I picked up earlier this Spring and make a birthday card for our Grandson.

I have already used the new Upsy Daisy Pop-Up several times, and I pulled it out again for this card. This time, though, I kept the card fairly simple. There are SO many possibilities with the Upsy Daisy die set!



For the card front I used the new Crosshatch Circles to create a little frame, and added the 'hello' from the new Word Set 6 Summer. I love the sweet font on these word sets.



Inside I added boy themed patterned paper cut with the new Crosshatch Rectangles, and added a die cut Happy Birthday from both blue and orange card stocks. Offsetting them makes an easy shadow effect.



I chose to use only the one arm for the Upsy Daisy Pop-Up, and adhered a large rectangle to it. Then I added a couple of matting layers with the Crosshatch rectangles, and finally some more of those cute kids & critters. I love it when a stamp company has BOY images!





Below is a side view so you can see the Pop-Up and dimension a little better.



Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C438.

Supplies:
1047 Upsy Daisy Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
1054 Rectangles, Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Patterned paper - My Minds Eye
Marvy LePlume II markers
Water brush
1030 Happy Birthday die - Karen Burniston
White, blue and rust card stocks
Fine point black sharpie
Staedtler fine point markers
Stamps - Waffle Flower
1057 Circles, Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
1052 Word set 6 - Summer - Karen Burniston
Signo white gel pen


Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. such a super fun card, I have that stamp set too but haven't used it yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used the single arm for a side pop up rather than a cantered orientation. That stamp set is on my Wish List.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!